Saturday, July 27, 2013

Glass Painting

During the residency, one of my crits yielded the idea of accidental paintings. I've been contemplating this idea. I started painting on glass. I've done it before, but not with photography integrated into the process. I think the photographs are interesting, and might turn out to be the final product. We'll see. The tricky part about painting "through" the glass, is that as I apply the paint, I hide the view I'm looking at.

This first photograph is of a small transfer. I wanted to see if it communicated with the environment in an interesting way. Not as interesting as I hoped.

A practive piece of glass where I did a small study of transclucent acrylics (left) and oils (right) with colleged paper scraps.

Setting up to paint by looking through the glass. The set up worked better than expected.

A view of the painting in process.


No comments:

Post a Comment