Friday, October 4, 2013

Panarams

As suggested by my mentor, I started taking some photographs specifically for some more surreal panoramas.

These are some panoramas from recent shoots I did in Copley Square, the Concord Conservation Center near my house, and the Maine coast. I plan on putting a few together soon, and cleaning up some of the ones I've already started to make them more convincing.



 



This week, I really want to print one a little larger. My models were about 5" by 17" or something. Varying sizes. I am extremely excited to printed because I was just given a 24" Epsom printer!!!


This is the same type of printer I've used previously, but this one is mine! So beautiful! Anyways, Julie, my mentor, suggested trying different materials, such as fabric, and seeing what works best. I love experimenting with printing, so I am excited to try this.

One of my friends showed me this image today:
It's by Ben Heine. He does the pencil vs. camera drawings which are interesting enough. Clever, but ultimately I feel are a little shallow.

It is interesting to see someone else's take on the cyclorama idea though. I like seeing his shadow when he's drawing, and the scale of his body as he works closer and farther away from the camera. Definitely takes a level of skill to get that perspective right.



No comments:

Post a Comment