Monday, August 11, 2014

Residency 3 Begins!

It's incredible to realize I am half way through this program. I am currently relocating my studio, and seeing work I did even a year ago feels like a distant memory. While I continue to explore concepts that interested me prior to entering this Masters program, I know the work has gotten stronger, my concepts are maturing and my awareness of the contemporary art world has grown exponentially. I wrote a summary of this past residency experience, which can be read here.

Below are a couple of crops that were suggested during one of my critiques. Simplifying the imagery was a reoccurring suggestion. Leaving things a little more open ended for the viewer is something I want to do more successfully this semester.








I plan to continue to explore concepts of time as it relates to the digital, perhaps more specifically as it relates to digital photography. I am very hopeful to reach some resolution to these ideas, though I imagine such resolution will only evoke more questions. One of the things I have always enjoyed about the art making process is that it allows me to indulge in the exploration of curiosities I seem to possess in excess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment