Sunday, June 8, 2014

Slices

As I continue to consider time and its non-linear qualities, I was struck by the ability of a single moment to linger and stretch passed its expiration. The following image explores this idea:


In this piece, that same image is sliced, stretched and duplicated to convey a sense of repetition or memory. This is the most abstract I've worked. I am concerned about seeming unfocused, but overall, my concepts remain consistent and I am interested to hear the feedback during the upcoming residency.


This image is created in a similar way, using four different images from the same location during different times of the year. I've enjoyed working in this format. Ideally, these will be printed 4' x 12' and will unroll on the ground. The folds will emphasize the flatness of the paper and time as a single but flexible dimension. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeeeaaah. :-D

    Have you already read "Time," Amelia Groom. (Whitechapel Documents of Contemporary Art)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't. I'll take a look! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete