Sunday, December 1, 2013

"Poetic Faith"

Recently, when I was contemplating my art and my motivation, I felt strongly that I wanted the spaces I have been creating to be empty of people. It seemed appropriate that the viewer could feel this sense of taking a journey, embarking on an adventure, and going to a vacant place. I recently wrote a paper about the suspension of disbelief, in photography specifically, and a came across a quote that said the viewer must have "poetic faith." That phrase is appealing to me, and I began to think about faith being a step you can only take alone. I know that regardless of the support I have when making a decision, it ultimately is on me to take the step, and belief it will be alright. We associate other people with security and safety, so to wander into a place without other people presents a certain risk. This is the edge I hope to explore farther.


No comments:

Post a Comment